Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Christmas day was SO fun this year. Santa was very good to us. This was our first Christmas we had that was just the two of us. We are usually with family, but it was so fun running downstairs together (yes, running) and opening our presents. Donavon even got up in the middle of the night and filled our stockings with some sweet treats! So, Donavon's wedding ring is now a little too small for him so I decided to get him a new ring. I thought he might feel a little sissy opening a ring for Christmas so I decided to play a trick on him. I went to Target and got a HUGE Man ring, took his real ring out of the box the store wrapped, put the man ring in and wrapped it back up. He opened it and saw and said, "Oh...(and then paused for a while) a ring...Thanks."
I love his fake smile here. It's like he has no idea what to say. I'm sure he's thinking right now, oh my gosh, i have to wear this huge thing around!
This is what he saw when he opened it. Now THAT is a Man ring.
Fancy! Right after this picture I told him it was a fake and got him the real one, but it sure was fun tricking him!! I'm such a tricky wife!

3 comments:

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

I think I would not have been at a loss for works if Julee gave me a ring like that.

mrs. timberlake said...

I kept hearing the commercial "He went to Jared" while reading this post. Why don't we ever hear one for SHE went to Jared - ?

Don't tell Tony you already got an upgrade ring.

katie and co. said...

Oh I am laughing! That is a great trick! I might have to use that sometime. Give Bill a "Man" ring and see what he does. So funny!

I've gone private with my blog. I want you to be able to view it if you want. Please go to www.talesfromthetree.blogspot.com and send us your email so we can send you an invite. (I don't have it for some reason.)

Hope all is well! Happy New Year!

Cousin Katie