Friday, September 5, 2008

What the Hail?

When we got back we were greeted with a HUGE monsoon storm. There was so much lightening that I felt like paparazzi were outside our window. We woke up after midnight because the thunder sounded like someone banging on a cookie sheet and then it started to hail. We turned on the TV because I was worried about tornadoes (there were warnings earlier in the day) and they said the worst of the storm was where the 101 and 51 hit...which is right by our house but there were no tornado warnings. So, I put a pillow over my head and was asleep in 2 minutes. I LOVE monsoon season. We don't get rain too often, but when we do we soak it up! Here is a picture of our backyard. Can you see the hail? It's pea size but I promise it's there.

3 comments:

The Johnson Journey said...

Kris! Your pictures are amazing - you should be a photographer! I'm jealous of your storm... I LOVE them!

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

we have had some monsoons in NYC, they are not very fun because we don't have a car and end up getting compleatly soaked. asi la vi.
mj

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

kris! being in rexburg makes me miss you so much!! i tried to go buy bagels in the clark building yesterday before class but they weren't open yet...the baking smells were just a big tease! love you!!